1 cup of raw almonds or cashews
1 cup of pitted medjool dates (soaked in water for 2 hours if they are hard)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Place ingredients in a food processor & blend until a crumbly dough ball forms. If a dough ball doesn’t form, add in 1 tsp of water or agave nectar.
2. Pinch off a piece of dough & roll into a ball & then flatten it into an egg shape.
3. Place “egg” on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all of the dough has been shaped.
4. Place cookie sheet in freezer & then mix up the pink shredded coconut & chocolate sauce.
Pink Shredded Coconut:
1/4 cup of shredded coconut
1/4- 1/2 tsp beet juice
Place shredded coconut in a small bowl. Grate a little piece of a beet & drop a little beet juice or a beet shred in with the coconut & mix it up until it turns pink. Set aside.
1/2 cup of liquid/melted coconut oil (melt in a dehydrator or place jar of coconut oil in a bowl of hot water to melt)
1/4 cup of cacao powder
1/4 cup of agave or maple syrup
1. Place ingredients in a small bowl & whisk together until smooth & creamy.
ASSEMBLY: Remove dough “eggs” from the freezer & dip each egg into the bowl of chocolate with a fork or spoon. Place egg back on parchement lined cookie sheet & sprinkle with pink shredded coconut. Repeat until until all eggs have been dipped & place them back in the freezer to set. If you have any chocolate sauce left over, pour it into chocolate molds or onto some parchment paper, edges folded up, & freeze. These treats can be stored in the freezer or the fridge. Enjoy!