• community

Girl Gone Raw E-list Raffle Winners!

by  • March 4, 2013 • classes, community • 0 Comments

First off, a BIG Thank you, to all of you who have joined my new automated e-list!  This switch will certainly make my life a little easier & I think you will enjoy receiving my posts as they happen.  🙂
    The following people have been selected at random as winners of some RAWsome Kids Gone Raw snacks.  🙂  I will be preparing little goodie bags for each of you this week.  If you live locally (greater Portland, ME), we can arrange a pickup & if you live far away e-mail me your snail mail address & I will ship the treats out by the end of the week.
    THANKS AGAIN, RAWK STARS!  And we will play another prize game again soon!
    Maryr1022@******
    sbunis@******m
    vgiguere@******m,
    mlkbible@******m
    i844peaches@******m
    dimam**er@******m
    Daniellela***rd@******m
    boscojewelry@******m
    paulah**isrn@******m
    pcastonia@******m
    HAVE A RAWSOME DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Dave the Raw Food Trucker Coming to Portland, ME

by  • February 28, 2013 • classes, community • 0 Comments

What a treat!  Girl Gone Raw & Kids Gone Raw are hosting “Dave the Raw Food Trucker” & the Whitings for a fabulous evening of inspiration.  The evening includes a gorgeous raw vegan dinner buffet & a 2 hour talk with Dave Conrardy & the Whitings about the healing powers of raw vegan living.  We hope you will save the date & join us.  Space is limited, so be sure to sign up soon!  

Crazy Sexy Kitchen with Chad Sarno & Kris Carr

by  • February 21, 2013 • books, classes, community, entrees • 2 Comments

Vegan Chef Chad Sarno is coming to Portland to do a demo & share his new book, Crazy Sexy Kitchen & I cannot wait!   The book is very appealing–it’s beautiful, colorful and has yummy recipes in it.  One thing I love about it is that each recipe has a code below it so you can tell in an instant if it is raw, gluten-free, soy-free, etc.  Love that feature!

I have my copy of the book in hand & on Sunday I made 3 recipes from it for our monthly raw vegan potluck.  I picked the  kale salad, cucumber cups with an olive caper tapenade & the falafel, all of which were RAW-licious!  The kale salad was simple … kale,  red pepper & diced avocado with a little lemon juice, flax oil & salt.  Everything just got tossed in the bowl & massaged together. YUMMM!  The cucumber cups were a fun appetizer–very flavorful, stuffed with olives, capers, oregano, tarragon & a little hot pepper heat.  And I had fun with the falafel–I got to use the blank for my Champion juicer & put soaked almonds & walnits through to create a gorgeous nut butter that was then tossed with tasty seasonings & fresh herbs and then dehydrated for several hours to firm them up.  I served the falafel in romaine lettuce leaves with greens, red cabbage, shredded carrot & a yummy cucumber dill cream sauce.  It made for a great feast & I recommend the book to everyone!

Chad will be in Portland, Maine on Monday, March 4th for a demo & book signing at Whole Foods Market.  There are still spots available in the 7:30 pm seating, so call customer service at 774-7711 to reserve your spot.  Only $25 & you get an autographed copy of his $30 book & a gift bag from Whole Foods Market.  What a deal! Hope to see you there!  🙂

Creamy Dill Beet Rawvioli

by  • February 16, 2013 • classes, community, entrees, Holidays, recipes • 0 Comments

Creamy Dill Beet Ravioli
    serves 4 (approx 32-36 raviolis)
    ravioli filling:
    1 cup cashews, soaked 1-2 hours
    1 Tbs nutritional yeast -optional
    1 Tbs lemon juice
    ¼ cup fresh dill or 2 Tbs dried dill
    3/4 tsp sea salt
    1/2-3/4 cup of water

raviolis:

1-2 medium large beets
    2 Tbs- 1/4 cup olive oil
    2-3 cloves of garlic

garnish:

fresh dill

pea shoots- optional

Ravioli filling: Place all filling ingredients in a high speed blender & blend until smooth & creamy. Place mixture in a bowl & set aside.

Beet Rawviolis:  Wash your beets & trim of tops & bottoms. You can leave your beets as they are or you can square them (or heart shape them), by slicing a little off each side to shape them into a square. Set your mandolin to a very thin setting (1/16″) & slice away. You will need 60-64 beet slices. Save leftover beet pieces for a salad or the juicer.

Assembly:  Get out 4 plates. Drizzle 1 Tbs of olive oil onto each plate & then mince a little garlic onto each plate. With a spoon, mix olive oil & garlic together. Place 8 beets slices on each plate. Spoon a little ravioli filling onto the center of each beet piece & then place another beet piece on top to seal it. Repeat until done.  Be sure to leave 1-2 Tbs of rawvioli filling in the bowl & mix in 2-3 Tbs of water with it. Mix well & then drizzle mixture on top of raviolis & then sprinkle a little fresh dill & pea shoots on top to garnish. Serve & eat up! RAWLISH!

Best of Raw 2013!

by  • January 22, 2013 • community • 0 Comments

I am so thrilled & honored to have been nominated for a 2013 Best of Raw awards.  WOW!  🙂  I encourage you to visit www.bestofrawfoods.com & vote for all of your favorite raw foodies & raw food products … and I hope you will take a minute to vote for me in the Best of People category under “Raw Educator > 5 years.”  AND vote for me & my rawsome biz partner, Maggie Knowles of Kids Gone Raw in the “Raw Educator < 5 years.”  It’s so exciting to be included amongst some of my favorite raw food folks.

Thank you in advance for your support!  You are a RAWK STAR!

NEW CLASSES … Join Me!

by  • January 11, 2013 • classes, community, potluck • 0 Comments

2013 is here & it’s time for a RAWvolution!  🙂

Come experience the joy of raw & living foods with me in one of my raw food classes.  I’ve got lots of exciting things on the calendar & there is room for you to join in … so grab a friend and sign up for some RAWsome fun today!

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY CLASS CALENDAR!

The classes in my studio are intimate (generally 4-6 people), hands on & include a detailed recipe handout & lots of gourmet sampling, so be sure to bring your appetite!  We make between 6-8 recipes in each class & they are sure to rawk your world!

The classes at Whole Foods also make for a fun night.  There are generally 14-20 people there & we make 4-5 recipes & you get to sample everything.

And don’t forget about potluck!  We host a fabulous raw vegan potluck on the 3rd Sunday of the month from 5:30-7:30.  Hope you can join us.  Details on the class calendar.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY CLASS CALENDAR!

Make your health a priority this year and add more plant-based foods to your life each day and remember that “the gift of health is keeping you alive.” (quote from The Magic by Rhonda Byrne)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

by  • January 2, 2013 • community, Holidays • 0 Comments

Happy Holidays & Happy New Year!  How are you?  It has been awhile since I have posted.  I turn into one of  Santa’s helpers in December & disappear into my art studio.  Check out this post on my art blog to see some of my holiday creations.

I just wanted to wish you all a RAW-MAZING 2013! 

May the year ahead be filled with nourishing food, lots of green drinks, love, peace & laughter.

I am so grateful to have you as a part of my raw food family.

xoxox Elizabeth