Life can get so busy & chaotic during the month of December & I often sway a little from my path between all of the long days in my studio painting & all of the family celebrations. And by that I mean, I don’t sleep enough, I cut out on my exercise routine, I make food choices based on convenience … you get the picture. Anyways, as a new year begins, I love to take time to pause, reflect & regroup.
It has become my New Year’s tradition to begin January 1st with a juice feast, so today I nourished my body with fresh vegetable & fruit juices. Yummmmm! A juice feast of any length of time gives me a chance to slow down, to really listen to my body & to gain some mental clarity.
I’m not big on rules & resolutions, but I am big on living my best life. So with my best life in mind and my juicy January under way, I will share with you a few of my rawsolutions for 2014:
1. Sundays Unplugged: I plan to unplug on Sundays & stay clear of my phone, social media, email, texts, apps & anything else that makes me accessible 24/7. I deserve time to simply be. 🙂 I will allow myself to take photos & share an occasional instagram picture–as an artist, I have a hard time letting go of the visual beauty that surrounds me. 🙂
2. More Juice Mondays: I plan to stay connected to my body & enjoy a day of juice feasting each Monday (or whatever day of the week works best). And if an entire day won’t work, 3/4 of the day is perfect.
3. Good Things Gratitude Jar: I have set aside a jar & lots of paper to begin my “good things gratitude jar.” At the end of each day I will take a few minutes to think about all of the blessings in my life & I will write down anything that comes to mind that made my day special. At the end of 2014 I will empty my jar & re-visit all of the magic from my year.
4. Books! I love to read, but I don’t always make time for it. I plan to carve out time each day to sit with a book. Speaking of books … we have started a health/plant-based book club called the Raw Maine Book Club. Check it out & join the fun. Our first book is “Healthy at 100” by John Robbins.
5. Yoga & Movement: I have a pretty consistent yoga practice and I plan to keep it that way. Yoga keeps me connected, breathing, moving, grounded, fit and free of back pain. I am grateful to yoga & the gifts it has given me … and to PPY, where I practice.
6. All things Love, Peace & Gratitude: I will find love, peace & gratitude in each being that crosses my path and all things that I do.
Balance in life is always high on my list too, but I think if I am able to put into practice everything else on my list, balance will follow. 🙂 Feel free to check in with me or ask me how I am doing with some of my rawsolutions & feel free to share your own! I will be posting updates about my January Juice feast too, so stay tuned … & if you are interested in a cleanse of your own, I have several on the class calendar!
NEW WINTER /SPRING CLASSES POSTED. Hope you can join me! Cheers!